I did something bad...I withdraw my contributions from my ROTH IRA

May 15, 2019



Yup, you read that post title right!

I withdrew my contributions from my ROTH IRA. I still kept money in there that were money earned. I made sure I would not be taxed. Why would I even do that? Don't I care about my retirement? Worst yet, I'm 31 and I'm missing on compound interest.

Here's my attitude about Roth IRA. First things first! The reason I withdrew my retirement because when I did my paycheck calculation. I would not have enough money to spend on gas and food, and put extra debt payment towards one of my creditors and loans. Since I only owe about $13,000 on my car as of May (didn't make a payment for May yet). I'm thinking I can wipe that payment out with my Roth IRA, and my unemployment check that I missed in the first few months. That would free more about up since my car payment is high as well. 

The reason I don't want to put towards my credit card, it's not going to help much to free a large amount of money like my car payment which is $523, but I've been paying $600 every month. After I've done my analysis, I strongly believe the result is going to help me have at least $900 free money every month to do what I need with it after I take out for food and gas, pay for utilities. etc.

As for Roth IRA, I'm going to contribute what I can when I get my paycheck. It can be a $1 to $10 so I don't miss it much. Even though Roth IRA is great, especially Target Retirement, you can actually LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY, as well. Also, my attitude towards money is there is MORE THAN ONE WAY of making money. It doesn't have to just be retirement only. It's great to have multiple incomes helping you to secure your retirement. 

I'm not worried because I know will rebuild my retirement. My work offers HSA. So I will be contributing to that as well ($20). 

I'm working towards developing my art skills to draw so I can sell digital prints. I just need to start practicing. I know I will once I relocate so I have more time to stay focus. LOL especially since I will cut down my social life by 5%. Also, I'm going to have real estate investment as well. 

Speaking of real estate investment, I'm going have to figure out where I'm going to rent once I relocate and how I'm going to pay my mortgage while paying for rent. I probably will have to share a room and that the rent includes utilities. 

What am I'm going to do with my furkid? My mom wants to take of my furkid. She wants me to stay focus since I just got a job after being laid off since beginning of New Year's. I'm very grateful for my mom. Of course, I'll be paying her monthly for her time and extra stuff for my furkid.

Having my furkid made me want to get rid of my debt faster because I want to keep him for the rest of his life. Don't want to be a pet owner who failed to keep their pet due to financial hardships.

I just know that once I start working and start relocating, my life is going to change for the better. LOL I probably will lose a lot of weight due to me cutting down a lot to save money to put towards debt and emergency. LOL Rice and beans and sandwiches! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments