Hello World!

April 01, 2019

Hello World!

Welcome to my blog! I've decided to create my blog so I can stay focus on getting rid of my debt and keep myself accountable on making my goals happen. You know what they say about setting your mind to something and you will achieve it.

So on 12/14/18, I calculated the debt I owe to creditors when I first got them was $318,610.13. As of that date, it was $285,163.00. I'm also have addition of two creditors, which are BestBuy and CareCredit in 2019.

I don't think I'm going to keep track of the grand total that I owe since it's always up and down due to new additions. What I'm going to focus on is getting rid of one of the cards/loans so I don't get stressed out how much I owe or overwhelmed that it's going to take forever.

Creditors that I owe:

  • Wells Fargo (Mortgage)
  • Chase (Car Loans) 
  • Nelnet (Student Loans)
  • CapitalOne 1
  • CapitalOne 2
  • Discover 1
  • Discover 2
  • CareCredit 
  • BestBuy 

Right now I'm focusing on paying off my CapitalOne 1 card ( $1,456.15) and Student Loan Group B ($1,592.74). I feel like my Student Loan Group A is adding more debt to me a lot faster so I might put extra payments to Student Loan Group A since it's $45K. I have to look at my student loans interest and how much it is accumulating on the daily later. 


I will update what my starting debt is once I get my Ohio Contract Opportunity for a higher pay and this career will open so many doors for me. :) Pray for me that I do!

I switched to using cash envelopes and having my debit cards as my backup so I don't use credit cards.

Cash Envelopes:


  • CU Debit Card 1 - $200 <-- This one keeps track of whatever I'm spending OFFLINE.
  • Debit Card 2 - $200 <-- This one keeps track of whatever I'm spending ONLINE.
  • Groceries - $200
  • Gas - $60 
  • Pup - $50
  • Shopping - $40
  • Out - $40
  • Work (Business) - $40
Each month I will make sure I have $400 in my two debit cards and $430 in cash. Going to try this out for April and see how I do! 

My Credit Union Debit Card keeps track of my expenses very well since they categorize what I've spent. I also keep track of what I spent on my Transaction Register book that I keep on me so I don't go overboard and try to make that money last in my bank. 

As for keeping track of cash, I just write down what I spent on the envelope.

Leftover Change:

I really don't like having change. At the same time I feel like I'm always overspending either on my credit card or debit card. Having cash, I feel like I will try to make it last somehow.

So what to do with leftover change? The coins I will put in my jar. Once it fills up I'll bring it to the CU Bank. As for the cash I'm just going to deposit it back to either my CU Debit Card Bank or Debit Card 2 Bank depending on where I am at in my contracts. 

Cash Saving Challenge:
  • 52 Weeks Challenge (Started Today)  - $1378 
Praying

I'm currently waiting to hear about my future Ohio contract. I really do hope I get it since the job opportunity sounds great and I will have many more doors open for me.

I'm currently working on developing my business at the moment. Just waiting to receive my business cards either this week or next week. Hopefully it gets here soon so I can start marketing around my town. 

Here's to staying positive and keeping my mind on a Vision Board! 



XOXO,
Every Little Penny Counts


You Might Also Like

0 comments