Don't be afraid to say, "No" and give a reason.

April 05, 2019


Hi World!

I just experience something that I realize is important to let you as the reader or anyone who has social pressures and at the same time is trying to reach their financial goals.

It's okay to say no and give your reason why. Whether it's your friend or family. Because by the end of the day, if you were to go broke one day you don't know if they will be there to help. And besides, this is your life. If you want to save your money and you don't want to go out, that's okay. If you can't afford to go out, but can afford to spend time with your friend or family, that's okay as well. You shouldn't spend money just to please someone when you are deep in major debt and need to save money in case of an emergency. One thing you shouldn't do is take advantage of someone's kindness willing to pay for your ticket or whatever to hang out because that's a definition of being a bum especially if you do that all the time or being cheap.

Mind you, even if you say no, there will be people who will try to try to get you change your mind and shit like that, I know that's annoying. Just keep it professional and ignore it after you stated no and gave your reason. You don't repeat yourself since you stated clearly your why.

I'm willing to focus on my financial goals even more since I got my pup. I could care less going to events that cause $100+ and knowing that it's not even worth it and I need to use that money to save for my pup since he got parvo and it scared me how the insurance denies the claim and how high the medical expense for a pet is. I rather be safe than sorry.

I'm at the point in my life I could care less if I lose friendship, relationship, or family when they are not understanding my financial goals. I'm not going to lose sleep over it since I enjoy my company way more at times. Also, my pup made me realize what life is all about, which is spending time without having to spend ridiculous amount of money when you're in major debt.

That's my PSA on how to deal with Social Life! LOL

Good luck, World, on achieving your goals and make your life journey awesome!

XOXO,
Every Little Penny Counts


You Might Also Like

0 comments